Many people are asking me about the astrological perspective on the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Here we go:
Everything that is born or created has a birth chart. COVID-19 began its journey, as a full-blown outbreak, at the end of December 2019. Given the incubation period, the outbreak was probably born sometime around December 1-15th.
When I was on Coast to Coast radio with George Noory, I spoke about the great Saturn Pluto conjunction of January 12, 2020. Many listeners have emailed me about how accurate I was about what was coming. I predicted that something serious was going to happen and that it would revolve around the element of AIR. The fact that this virus attacks the lungs (AIR), and is seriously hurting all air travel, fits with what I was describing.
As an astrologer, I look at events as if they were a person. So here is my description of COVID-19 if this virus was a person:
- COVID-19 has zero or low AIR. This translates to mean the element of AIR is both its weakness and its strength. AIR is where it thrives, and AIR is also what will take it down. Being outside is key, and having space (which is AIR) between people is the best thing for people to do. AIR rules the intellect, so only brilliant minds will be able to stop this virus. We all need to use our brains to make sure we don’t get sick. If we do all the right things, we should be fine. You can’t take any chances. A good friend of mine just texted me that her husband is in ICU with the virus. A few days ago he was fine. Be smart and don’t take any chances. Stay home!
- COVID-19 is a little low in WATER, which is why washing hands constantly will help defeat it. This virus is all EARTH and FIRE. What does a forest fire do? It eats trees (EARTH). It spreads fast, and AIR fuels the fire. So once again the element of AIR is a significant key to also destroying it. Think of a candle. How do you put it out? You blow it out or snuff it out, cutting off the oxygen. The patients who need ventilators and respirators are all needing AIR. So keep protecting your lungs by doing all the protective measures we hear over and over again.
- COVID-19 has a strong Mercury, either in Scorpio or possibly a feral Mercury in Sagittarius. Either way, this thing wants to be heard. This virus doesn’t want to be told “No”. It would like to speak up and be the center of attention, which it is. Rather than watching the news, take a break and watch a movie or watch old tv shows that remind you of a different era. Don’t give the virus the attention it desires.
- COVID-19 has a strong Jupiter, the planet of expansion. It is now larger than life, as a pandemic that is touching many humans on this earth. This is the first global event that reminds us that we are many countries but one planet. Something good will come out of this awareness, so hold onto that thought.
- COVID-19 has a strong physical form so this might not disappear as quickly as we would like.
- The transits indicate this virus will not be out of our news until the end of 2020 or the beginning of 2021. I also imagine our lives will be forever changed by this event. For starters, I believe carrying hand sanitizers and wiping down surfaces will be an everyday occurrence.
- April and May are the toughest months. I predict it will peak around mid-April, which is much sooner than the news is currently predicting.
- COVID-19 will do a lot of emotional damage to people. Some people will start to feel like they are cracking from stress. Make sure you are kind. Yesterday there were two guys in the convenience store, where I was paying for gas, and they bought 2 hot dogs. They didn’t have enough spare change to cover the cost. You may be freaking out about your 401K, or your money lost in the stock market. Think about the many folks who will be unable to feed themselves, and there are many. By the way, those two guys got their hot dogs because the girl at the register let them.
- This virus is angular. It is relentless and it is cunning. I have heard it has already morphed into a new version of itself. If this virus was a person like this, you would not want to engage with them. Stay away. Do not inflame them, and you will be fine. You have a choice about where you put your body and your hands. Wear gloves if you have to. Who cares if you look stupid, just do it. Get fresh air and sunshine. Anything you can do to also open windows and let air circulate is good.
- In summary, From an astrological perspective, this event makes sense in terms of its timing. So somehow it is part of our evolutionary path, and perhaps it is to bring us together with the way that September 11 brought together NYC. After that event, all New Yorkers knew they needed each other to survive. So help your neighbors. Be kind. As my mom used to always tell me when I would get upset, “This too shall pass….”