Wayfinding with Astrology, Through Coronavirus Isolation

As many of us struggle to find our way through the isolation caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we can look to astrology, Mother Earth, and nature, to find our way.

I worked with EARTHWATCH, in the 1990s, helping scientists on research expeditions. In Trinidad and Tobago, the scientists warned that sea levels were rising, and we measured the beach erosion. At a bird sanctuary in Mallorca, Spain, scientists told us the migratory patterns of birds were being disturbed by humans. Mallorca was the stopping off point for birds from Africa, on their way to Europe. They taught me about “indicator species”- like birds, frogs, and insects. “We need to watch them”, they said, because they would be the first to let us know about trouble.

Those indicator species were screaming back then, and now we are screaming with this virus. Many of us are experiencing isolation like never before.

Think of all the recent horrific fires in Australia, and California. What about last year’s hurricane that took down the Bahamas, which could have easily hit Florida instead? There have been many events like these in the last couple of years. Things have been getting more and more dramatic on our planet. Perhaps for the first time, we now have some sense of what those polar bears feel like…..stuck in our homes, with our world “melting” around us.

Way-finding with Astrology, Through Coronavirus Isolation.

We are in a giant paradigm shift

The world as we knew it is forever changed. Who knows what the other side of this will look like. All I know is we were humming along, watching all these bad things on the news, but for the most part, they were happening to someone else.

We have been living in a horizontal framework, and now we are being forced to move to a vertical platform. I was hoping the shift would be gradual, but I think it is acute with the coronavirus pandemic.

The Earth and the Sky are where we need to put our focus

As an astrologer, I am very aware of our deep connection to what is above our heads, but most people hardly ever think about the stars and planets. When was the last time you watched the night sky? How many of you can even see it- especially if you live in a city? Have you ever thought that maybe those planets actually work for us, and within us…. just like those birds following their migratory paths? We live in an electromagnetic universe, and we act as if we don’t.

We can no longer think solely about our specific countries, with these imaginary lines written on a map. It is now one planet, and we all have a problem- a creepy unwanted interloper, named the Coronavirus. Our planet is part of a bigger pattern of planets, that all give off electromagnetic rays. With the coming years, I predict more and more scientists will be discussing the damage being done to our electromagnetic field, and how deeply connected we are to planetary influences.

Astrology will be one of the few things that can help people find their way through the isolation

We are part of a complicated system that is precise and powerful and perfectly designed. It is an ancient and wise method of understanding this necessary appreciation of the vertical axis.

I just came back from French Polynesia in early March, where I was the featured speaker on The Paul Gauguin. I have great admiration for Polynesian seafaring wisdom, largely based on their connection to the sky above, and how they observed the stars and the planets. They were master wayfarers. I believe our planet is hungry for current wayfarers, who can help us navigate these difficult times. Without a connection to Mother Nature, and the sky above, I fear we will be lost.

Later this week, I will be interviewing Ludwig Max Fisher, a master wayfarer, and author of The Seasons of the Soul. I met Ludwig at Rancho La Puerta, where I have been teaching for over 20 years. He is working on the history of Edmund Szekely, founder of The Ranch, and the wellness movement.

Ludwig has a beautiful way of giving context to our current experience, which I will be honored to share will all of you. My goal is to get more posts out, to help all of us through these difficult days. Please do me a huge favor, and write to me with your thoughts and comments. My connection with all of you matters. This virus has opened up a well of grief inside many of us. And grief opens the gate to vulnerability. And for whatever reason, that’s where we stand now. In our isolation, hanging out on our little “icebergs” we need to be present and connected….so thank you in advance for staying in touch.

Leslie McGuirk

28 Comments

1. Tim Thornton on March 26, 2020 at 4:34 am

Agreed. Big paradigm shift occurring right now….

2. Lynn Davis on March 26, 2020 at 10:59 am

I appreciate your posts. Thank you It does feel like a paradigm shift. I was just saying yesterday that I’m hearing and seeing more birds. …..

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 12:02 pm

Thanks Lynn! Hope you are doing well!

3. Jan Kudelka on March 26, 2020 at 11:24 am

In my life , begun in 1952, I was most shaped by the 1987 harmonic convergence. I felt it. It was palpable. Since then my life has been an unfolding of surrender, through difficult challenging almost obliterating human circumstances, not of war or physical violence… but a surrender to consciousness and increased frequency, despite betrayals, social cruelties, calumny and the general unkindnesses available in life should one succumb. Whatever light was born in me I did not /do not succumb to fear or bitterness. Rather I have neutrality. And I do cocoon. To the degree the world has changed I am aware, but already there. In the change a while now. The isolation has been a form of protection. How now to connect with the world? I used to do so in ways that have changed due to aging out of certain professions… yet the offering of this time is to expand into new ones. At this point I sleep enormously. But not out of depression , but to better settle into calm and reverie. Surfing sadness has become a way of life.. not without joy.

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 12:03 pm

Thanks Jan…..”surfing sadness” is a great way to explain it 🙂

4. Stacey Berman on March 26, 2020 at 12:02 pm

Thank you for your insightful thoughts and the “pulse” check.

5. Susana Moore on March 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Leslie, how do we access your interview with Max? His is definitely a voice that we need to hear in these times.

I was fascinated by your writing on dealing with the Covid-19 coronavirus as if it were an actual ENTITY and using the element of air to mitigate corona spread.
    Thanks for your insights.

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 3:17 pm

I know! Max is a genius and I can’t wait to share it with everyone. I will post it on social media. Stay tuned as it hasn’t happened yet….still working out the technology side of things.

6. Dee on March 26, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Thank you for this read. Rings true even though I feel more depressed after reading it. So glad this earth realm is a temporary realm. I think we forget that reality. And that… Death is a part of life. Until my time to leave comes, I do my best while here and to be there as I can for all beings including the earth and all who move upon it. Peace!

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Peace to you too. And within all the depressing news, there are little moments of quirky humor and human kindness. Hopefully my next blog post will be more about that topic!

7. Gregory Anne Cox on March 26, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Your work could not have been introduced to me at a better time. Thank you for sharing your experience and insights. I’m at once deeply curious about where we are and, like so many others, anxious, waiting for the unknown, the unknowable. Even though I teach that possibility lives in the unknown, it’s a hard concept to hold fast too at this time. My heart holds out hope that this will bring us together. That we will begin to see what’s possible for the planet as reports come out about lower levels of smog, ocean pollution, etc. and get creative about how to hold on to some of that once we return to a life outside 4 walls.

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Grateful for your words. Thanks for taking the time to connect.

8. K Mulvaney on March 26, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Precious friend. Your words helped me, and I’m grateful for you and for them. This feels like a tectonic shift in everything and I feel it inside of my body, heart and soul as well. I find myself also shaking my head wondering if this is really real. Of course, I know that it is, but it’s such an enormous crash and endless ripple effect, it’s challenging to absorb the scale of what’s happening. I really appreciate your drawing attention to how the rest of all living beings — animals, birds, plants, the earth itself have been our foreshadowing signs — I am beyond ability to put into words how desperately sad I feel about the environment upon which all living things depend. And yet still, there is doubt among many people about climate change, global ramifications, the health and welfare of all life. Perhaps, this is the ultimate wake up call for humankind — change our ways, or go the way of extinct life forms before us. Sending freshly washed love and hugs through time and space to you. xoxoox Karen

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Hi dear Karen…..well said. There is no way around the sadness. But like everything in Nature, there is always new life and our Earth is resilient for sure! Hoping our human species wakes up.

9. Celeste Brooks on March 26, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Thank you for your insightful words, Leslie. I love the concept of wayfaring through this crisis. Each day requires new tools. I hope we all wake up to how interconnected we are and make decisions with the understanding that they impact the collective.

10. Natasha Huffman on March 26, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Leslie, thanks so much for your insights. I find all of this news sad, like most people. However, the greater part of me thinks all of this is still beautiful because we desperately need change as a planet. And I find that sometimes the only way to carve a new path is by destroying the old one. That’s what I have faith is happening and lucky us to be able to witness all of the lows and eventually all of the highs that come with it.

11. Don Lewis on March 26, 2020 at 8:36 pm

This planet is not good

• Leslie McGuirk on March 26, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Hopefully she will improve 🙂

12. Brandie Huether on March 27, 2020 at 11:23 am

Feeling all the feels. Keep sharing Leslie, it’s making a difference

• Leslie McGuirk on March 27, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Thanks Brandie! Hope you are doing well, and staying safe….I will keep them coming….xx

13. Rachelle D on March 27, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Great post! I think the collective energy of this universe is staring at each of us asking us to pause for a moment and focus on the now. That is where life truly exists. So many of us live in the past and especially the future. So take the time NOW to focus on all the miraculous things going on around us now. I think one day we will look back an this and see it as a blessing!

• Leslie McGuirk on March 27, 2020 at 5:08 pm

so true…beautifully said, Rachelle!

14. K Mulvaney on March 27, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Leslie, I took special note of the date of your reply because it was the date you were originally scheduled to be in Lafayette at the Library — thank goodness we decided NOT to have you here now, and push off till July. I hope July will work…how wonderful that will be if it does — for the fact you will be here, and that it will mean we have gotten past these current horrors. Much love, Karen

15. anne g sussman on March 30, 2020 at 5:04 pm

Hello Leslie, you are a lovely Soul and I am so honored to call you friend. I hope you are well and safe. Wishing you peace and ease as you navigate in our new reality. Sending you loves and hugs.

16. Ron Doucette on April 6, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Glad to have your insight, Leslie. We will get over the hump, remaining positive, and hopeful to mend all effected. Try to keep active during our community shut-down. Light at the end of this tunnel. We’ll all be well!

17. Pearl on April 24, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Thank you for this perspective. As the days of distancing turn into months, it is clear surrendering to a common situation are leading to new ways of communicating and being together apart. Time has slowed down.

• Leslie McGuirk on April 24, 2020 at 2:08 pm

So true, Pearl. Hope you are hanging in there!

18. Martha vogt on June 16, 2020 at 9:00 am

Leslie. You always offer us hope and a new way of looking at our lives and our planet. Thankyou for the gift that is you. Much love martha